Parent link is locked and not able to add in screen.
Hello @geetha_bp
Why are you trying to add the Parent Link field to a screen?
For what type of issues are you trying to add this field to the screen? In what type of project?
Hi Geetha,
The Parent Link field is not really a field you should be adding to a screen and using. What exactly are you trying to do?
Hi John,
Thank you and accept it that's its not a field. I have a query here like why parent link is not there for new issue type created under the epic.
Parent Link is only used for hierarchy used with Advanced Roadmaps. Is that what you are doing?
Let me chime in - I've found this thread after I was looking how to create a link between Initiatives and Epics - as this short article suggests:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-configure-the-link-between-initiative-and-EPICs-in-JIRA/qaq-p/1796457
Possibly I took a wrong path, anyway if going as admin to Issues -> Fields -> Fields configurations -> Confugure with <myprojectname> -> scroll down to "Parent Link" -> it's said to be locked. I've tried to do same with a fresh project (to exclude the case it's a config collision), same effect.
in my case, yes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.