Could someone please explain how I set story point values for story type issues?
Please read this documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Estimation+and+Tracking
I did see that page already and in particular this section:
The type of Estimation Statistic you select affects which units are used by the 'Estimate' field, which appears at the right of each issue inPlan mode: (Note that the 'Estimate' field is editable when an issue is in Plan mode, but not editable once the issue moves into Work mode.)
The estimate field is not editable for me, assuming I'm supposed to type into the grey oval on the right end of each card. I can't figure out how to type in the story point.
What if you go directly to the issue itself and try to edit it from there? You can always check if you can do it in the issue itself.
You might want to add this add-on too to figure out your fields:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-admin-helper-plugin
You would be typing in the value into the field that you have set to be used as the Estimate field. You will need to figure out why you can't see that field.
Are you sure that field is avaialble to the project + issue type context?
Anyone? I'm using the hosted version of Jira. Shouldn't story points be setup to work already with story type issues? Shouldn't I see a feild in the edit issue screen labelled "story points"?
Go to Agile -> [your board name]. Then on the far right, Board -> Configure.
Click the Estimation tab. For Estimation Statistic change Story Points to Original Time Estimate and you'll be able to burn down based on the hours you've probably already put in.
I ran into this problem as well. The story points field is not avaible in the default add/edit story form, even though my agile project's Estimation Statistic was set to story points by default. This seems like a bug to me.
Same issue here. Annoying!!!
Thank you. This worked a treat.
Same issue. Cannot set story points on tasks.
Go to JIRA -> Settings -> Screens. Click Configure on the board setting you want to change. At the bottom you will see "Select Field". Choose Story Points. It will be added to that configuration of that board.
You cant add Story Points to a task in a story! But you can add Story points to a task on its own?Surely you should be able to add points to tasks in a story and then that stories points will be a sum of the tasks points.
When you say "Task" are you meaning ISSUE??
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.