Hi,
This time my question is about automation.
Say, I have unassigned issues in the backlog - I want the automation to transition them to To Do status when I assign them to a user. How can this be done please advise?
Thank you
Hi Lena!
You should be able to do this easily by the following three steps
Hi @Lena Sargsyan - You'll want something like this:
Sorry, I missed the part that assignee is empty.
Use the If/Else block instead like this:
Hmm I'm not seeing the part where the ask was the assignee was empty, I think your first screenshot was correct?
Just a quick note on this... The condition assignee is empty will not apply to the Issue Assigned trigger. The rule will only fire when the issue is first assigned so there would be no possibility that the assignee is empty.
Thanks to all! Before You answered I had tried this way, and now it works. But since your answers are different from mine I started to doubt: what if it is conflicting with other cases?
That works as well, it's just that there exists a "Issue assigned" trigger by default, so there isn't a need to create it manually through the Value change
Yes the field value changed trigger approach will work as well. However, in this instance, you may want to include the condition that the assignee is not empty that @Tobias H had.
The difference between these two triggers is that issue assigned is when the issue is assigned to a user vs field value changed where it'll fire every time the assignee field is changed, including when the assignee is removed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.