Hi,I'm trying to find a way to get my user's 'Atlassian account ID' from the Bitbucket or Atlassian UI.Is there a way to do that?
Hi all,
I just wrote this article about how to retrieve the users' Atlassian Account ID for Bitbucket Cloud in two different use cases:
Retrieve the Atlassian Account ID (AAID) in bitbucket.org
Caterina
Hi,
Referring to a community post here:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/where-can-i-find-my-Account-ID/qaq-p/976527
Hope this helps!
Jeroen
@Ronny Orot , fire the REST API https:<base-url>/rest/api/2/myself and you will receive the JSON response which will contain the Account ID
This answer is related to Jira.I tried doing the same in Bitbucket and searching for the URL in different 'profile' pages, but found nothing related to the Atlassian account ID.
Using the API is a little too complicated in my case since I'll also have to create an access token.I wish it was just mentioned somewhere in the UI. In GitHub and Gitlab and even BBS it's super easy to get the user identifier.
Found a way without creating an "App password".All you have to do is be logged in to Bitbucket and then navigate to the link 'https://bitbucket.org/!api/2.0/user'.The JSON will include your Atlassian account ID in the field called 'account_id`.
@Ronny Orot
Indeed, that's the equivalent of the REST call @Vedant Kulkarni_Trundl was talking about (GET request in the browser) with credentials (because you're already authenticated).
Good that you found it!
Regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.