Once a ticket is created under "requested" it will automatically assign to specific users in the project based on workload.
For this to be correctly balanced -- Jira should check the entire board excluding what has been "completed" or "approved" since these are both considered finished -- thus they shouldn't be accounted for.
Statuses that should be considered to balance workload correctly: Requested, More Details Needed, In Progress, Edits Needed, Ready For Review
The other caveat: depending on where the issue is in the workload -- it could be assigned to the creator (for review as an example). is this also able to take that into consideration?
I.e although the designer is the original assignee, it will be reassigned to the issue creator for the "ready for review" status. -- i don't want this rule to read this as X person doesn't have this ticket anymore, but rather X person still has this ticket although it's reassigned at this current moment.
I have included a screenshot of the rule as it currently stands but I don't think it is correct?