I have a small Jira automation to simply modify labels under certain conditions. I have verified that it works and does what I'm wanting it to do. But my experience has seemed to indicate that when I manually launch an automation, it seems to only run for the context of the issue from within which I launch the automation.
For example, I have a manual automation to delete purged subtasks... we use it all the time to delete purged subtasks when not needed. It's been my experience, however, that running that manual automation only runs in the context of that issue; if I have 2 issues - both of which have purged subtasks - my manual automation will only delete the purged subtasks within the issue where I launched the automation; the other issue containing purged subtasks will still have them following the execution of the automation.
Since I need to manually launch some automations (triggered by process, not by a Jira event), I need the automation to run for all issues meeting the criteria specified in the automation, not just the issue where I launch it. Is this possible? Is there another location from which I can launch the automation so that the context is the entire project, not a specific issue? Am I doing something wrong? Any intel would be greatly appreciated - many thanks in advance!