I have set up a simple automation that will automatically enter the Completed Date field of an issue when it is transitioned to Done. I initially accomplishied this by using the {{now}} argument for the field.
This brought up some issues, as the Automation for Jira user was in a different time zone (Europe/London) than our developers (United States/New York), so issues that were transitioned past 7 PM were showing the next day for their Completed Date.
I fixed that by using {{now.convertToTimeZone("America/New_York")}}. Now, the date for the Completed Date field is updating as is the user initiating the transition to Done is in New York. This works fine for now, but we're going to be bringing on some offshore resources.
Ideally, I'd like the automation rule to set the date according to the initiator's time zone, instead of the America/New York time zone.
I thought I'd be able to accomplish this by using one of the following:{{now.convertToTimeZone(initiator.timeZone)}}
{{now.convertToTimeZone(issue.initiator.timeZone)}}
Neither are producing the expected results. Doing so actually causes the automation rule to revert to using the Automation for Jira user's time zone.
Is there a way to do this?