Hey everyone
I have a few project boards and I'd like to know how to create Epic in another board by first checking whether there is existing Epic based on a field.
Example:
- 2 different boards: A, B
- Once an Epic reaches In Progress status in A, an Epic will be automatically created in B. A field A ID in B will be auto populated with the corresponding ID in A using {{issue.key}}.
The problem arises when there is also an automation where when a story in A reaches In Progress, the relevant Epic in A will also be moved to In Progress. As such, I would like to implement a validation where if there is an Epic in B that already has the A ID where the value is equal to the ID of the Epic that is moved to In Progress, new Epic will not be created.
Thank you.