I was trying to follow the article below but I don't believe we use 'due dates.' Was wondering if there's a way to set up an automation so that it sends a reminder like 4 days before the sprint ends? Are there other articles I can follow for this?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automationkb/automation-rule-to-get-email-notification-along-with-report-before-5-days-of-due-date-1130727687.html
I have two options that you could use, the first one would be to have two automations. The first one would trigger on when the sprint starts and it would set the due dates on all issues associated with that sprint. The second automation would then be based on the article you found.
The second one would use REST API calls to get the end date for the sprint and then compare that to now to see if the email should be sent. This option is more complicated since you need to know the sprint Id in order to get the end date.
Would the due dates need to be adjusted if an issue were moved to the following sprint? Would like to avoid duplicative work since we move them around based on workload priority. The second option - I assume you'd have to provide the sprint ID for each automation of this?
If you set the due date when the sprint is started then you would not need to adjust it if an issue is move to a different sprint. The only exception to this would be if you move the issue to another open sprint.
Correct, you would need to know the sprint Id for each sprint, so in order to automate it you would have to use project properties and store the current active sprint Id there. The more I think on it the second option would involved a lot more work to make it fully automated.
^can you clarify the difference? we very often have issues in a sprint that are moved to the next sprint that starts in 2 weeks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.