I want to define new categroty in Workflow with cutomaizing the Name and Color.
Hi @Ahmad Naal welcome to the Atlassian Community!
In Jira workflows, you have 3 categories:
You cannot add additional colors, all statuses are always in one of those three categories.
You can however add new statuses with a different name.
Are you working in a company-managed or team-managed project?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You can not add new categories.
What do you think you want to add? How would it not duplicate one of the existing three categories?
"Cancelled" is the same as "done" because "done" means "needs no further work needed". Your "cancelled" category is not a category, it's a status, one that should be in the "done" category.
Hello @Dave Mathijs , thanks for your kind reply.
I'm working in company-managed projects, and sometimes I need to customize a specific workflow cintains the above statuses.
So that I'm inquiring if I can define new category: "Cancelled" (Red)
Thanks again for your help
Best Regards,
Ahmad Naal
Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thanks for your answerd,
I agree with you in terms of "Cancelled"="Done" in the meaning of no further work needed after this point, however, I need to differentiate between the Done Tasks and Cancelled Tasks, as Done means the task completed, and Cancelled means no work conducted.
Because sometimes, I need to filter for the completed tasks, execluding the cancelled ones.
Thanks again
That's what the status is for, not the status category. "Cancelled" is a "done" status. Look at the status when you need to differentiate between cancelled and complete.
Great! - so can I filter the tasks by Status? - if yes, I will customize my Workflow accordingly and depend upon the filtration.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.