We have single Jira Scrum project (TTSB project key) configured for multi-sprint (multiple active sprint at the same time). We want to use Easy Agile Program (EAP) under this configuration.
We have created two additional Scrum boards: ENG, REP filtered by specific components. I tested EAP under the following configuration:
- Team Agile Boards: ENG, REP
- Third Level issue source: TTSB
- Program Roadmap: Option A: Schedule epics from the selected agile boards
- Sprint source: Teams independently manage their on sprint on their board
Under this configuration, I am able to create the sprints for their own board and EAP is able to identify them. So under this configuration, I am getting what I expect. Once the PI execution starts, I can activate for example the first sprint from ENG and REP boards respectively. This is what I am expecting.
Is the above configuration the optimal one for my purpose?
All the issues and epics, have associated components, exept one epic and one story. Because they don't have component they are not part of the ENG, REP boards, but because I am using as a third level issue source the main board of the project TTSB, I was expecting to see them in EAP, but maybe I am not fully understanding the purpose of the third level.
If I add TTSB board as a team agile board too, to try to get such epic, and story with no component, then it forces me to create Sprints for such board, that i don't plan to have any sprint. I was thinking about such epic/story as a work that was not initially identified by the ENG and REP boards, but as a result of the PI-Planning we can include them.
I was reading this link: The third level hierarchy. It seems to be used to filter a collection of related epics, but it is not clear, what information should have such board, epics, or any superior hierarchy, such as features created in Jira Advanced Roadmap, for example, or maybe epics from that board that have some dependencies with the epics from the ENG and REP boards, so it serves as kind of filter for the board selecting just the epics from the team agile boards that have dependencies with the third level. Is this the use case for using such third level? What is the purpose of this third level and how can be properly used?
Thanks in advance for any help