hello!
when an issue is created, i'd like the start date field to automatically populate with "todays" date. could you help with an automation?
this is essentially to track how long it has been from "requested" to completed
thank you in advance
Hi Breanna - wouldn't this be the Created date, which is a default setting
The rule would look something like this:
You may want to add is another condition that checks the issue type if you only want the start date to be set on subset of issue types.
there are multiple start date selections (see screenshot) is there one that i should select in particular? i would like it automate the field that cannot be removed from a task. (i.e screenshot attached)
I am not sure, as I am new to Jira. Could you explain further? There is additional info below -- in response to Mikael.
Thanks
The one that is called Start date is the one that is the default one that Jira creates, all the other ones are custom fields. Without knowing your instance I cannot advice you on which one to use.
Hi @Breanna Williams , I'm with @Sean Saxon on this one. Every issue has a Created date. You can complicate this with automation and additional fields, but if all you want is to calculate how long from requested to completed, just use the Created date.
hi kelly and sean! that fixed it thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.