Context:
We want to track some cloud costs directly from the related Jira issue.
I've created a Global Looping transition, to have a quick button at the top of any issue.
I wanted to connect an automation to that, but (having no extra add-on) that transition doesn't count as a change of state, so there is no trigger I use to trigger the automation.
Workaround:
I've created a "Cost Request trigger" field. 0 by default, a post function in the transition sets it to 1.
The automation hear the field value change, gets triggered and create the Cost Request issue we want etc, and finally set the trigger back to 0.
Issue:
I want that field to be invisible to the user. I've tried to delete the field from the issue screen, and the automation stopped working so I guess that if a field is not in a screen, is really not existing for that issue, is it right?
To make it invisible still, I've set the field as hidden in testing project Field Configuration, but we have a lot of different projects and relativeScreens as well as Field Configurations in our Jira Cloud.
Do I have to add the field to every screen of any issue that can send Cost Requests, and set it to hidden in all the related Field Configurations?
I really hope there is a better way I haven't found
Thanks