Hello,
I'm new to Jira, coming from an MS Project background, and I'd like to be able to use Jira to manage Waterfall projects, and have the legacy PM's migrate toward Agile at their pace.
I know BigPicture and Structure allow for many of these features, but my company is trying to avoid costly addins and wants to use Advanced Roadmaps and Plans to present the PM's a Gantt like hierarchy of tasks. I'd like to add issue types, and have a Project --> Stage --> Epic --> Story --> Task --> Sub-Task format, with Milestone and Deliverable as additional sub-tasks. I found out how to create these, but I can't seem to get it to respect the hierarchy I want, it seems to be limited to 3, and I can't seem to control it. Can this be done? Has anyone been able to just use these 2 features to accomplish presenting a Gantt like view to PM's? Do I need to establish this hierarchy for all the templates there are for project creation?
Thanks, Ray