I am leading an agile release train and am trying to find a way to plan their releases in Jira. There are two aspects to their current release process that are making it challenging to plan their releases with the tool options I have tried:
1) the software is organized in three layers (software components, groups of software components, application)
2) there are many variants of the application (one release per project milestone)
Therefore, when I try to use the Jira Cloud Cross Project Release function available when you create a plan, I can only plan two of the layers of releases in one plan (i.e. use my program Jira Cloud project for the application or groups of software component releases and use my team/story Jira Cloud projects for groups of software component or software component releases). This could be manageable, however, I am only able to link one team project release to a single cross project release, so I cannot link multiple software component releases from the same team all to one cross project release for a group of software components.
I am therefore looking for additional release planning options that link with Jira and am wondering if there are plugins to Jira we might be able to use?