Hi all
im looking to add a validator to a specific issue type that insists on certain fields to be filled in before the ticket can be created.
I’ve added a validator that’s asks for example, the description, to be filled in on new bugs created (description is just one of the fields I’ve tried to get this to work on)
in the validator option I’ve added the “issuetype == bug” formula and the custom response. This all seems to work well however,
when I try it, I create a bug and leave the description blank. This gives the custom response I added and it won’t let you create the issue however, even if I fill in the description, it still won’t let me create?
any ideas please?
I’ve seen that I can create a new field configuration and set certain fields to mandatory but this will impact each issues type so I really want to get this validation to work.