We have a space at Confluence that everyone with access to our Company Confluence can read and comment but not edit. Now I want to add the possibility to edit existing pages for a group of people. But I don't want them to be able to create new pages. Is that possible?
Hi @Josefina Johansson , in Cloud the create new content and edit existing content are under a single permission.
AddRequired for users to create OR edit content within a space. This permission is assigned separately for each content type (pages, blog posts, comments, and attachments).
providing users with the Add permission will give them the ability to add new pages and edit existing content.
I am not aware of a way to alter this. Maybe someone else has a better answer for you.
I think it should like page restriction, when you have edit permission, you should have add permission.
I was afraid that it was so
I was afraid that it was so. And normally I would agree that this is the best way to do it. But for this space it would have been great to give people the opportunity to contribute but not to create new pages.
Hi @Josefina Johansson , here is an open issue - CONFCLOUD-38722 Not possible to restrict users to edit page contents without grant add permission in all the space
You may wish to vote/watch.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.