Hi,
I would like to automate a rule that a specific message will popup when moving to a certain status. Is that possible?
Hi Maia,
What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? Automation rules cannot cause popups to happen. They can auto-transition an issue, but it will ignore any transition screens associated with the transition.
What are you actually trying to do?
Hi @Maia Reshef ,
Automation doesn't currently let you pop up a modal window for the user to work with on certain actions.
However, this sounds like a case for a workflow validator. Validators check that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. You could add a validator that checks your story points field to make sure it has a non-zero value. When the user tries to transition the issue.
More reading about workflows and validators is available here if you need it.
Regards,
Mahesh Shinde
@Mahesh Shinde many thanks for the quick answer!
I will check about validators.
Cheers
Maia
Hi @John Funk
I need a popup message or some way to validate the issue status before moving to next status. I use project jira.
You can do that with a transition screen attached to the transition and then a validator on the transition. But unfortunately, not with automation.
Many thanks @John Funk
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.