I am using jira api to create a new issue in my jira project using this request body
{"fields": { "project": { "id": 1234 }, "summary": "Summary", "description": "", "issuetype": { "name": "Bug" }, "priority": { "name": "P3" }, "customfield_10817": { "id": "1234" }, "customfield_10767": { "id": "12343" }, "reporter": { "accountId": "12345" }, "customfield_10872": { "id": "12345" }}}
{ "errorMessages": [ "Please add Ticket Type" ], "errors": {}}
I don't understand what is meant by Ticket Type because we are already mentioning the type of issue.
Hi @cyril_kunjumon
Welcome to the community!
Your JSON data looks fine. If you don't mind, can you post the REST API call url here? You can hide out the domain part if required.
Thanks,Vamsi
Hi @Vamsi Kandala ,
this is the url that i am using
https://shipsy.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue
That is the correct API call. I hope you are using the POST call and not the GET call.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.