Hi everybody.
In my company we'd like to use Jira to track our cloud infrastructure costs.
We want the user working on an issue\task, to be able to record costs (e.g. the deployement of a new machine) with a click or so.
We're not using Service Manager or other ticketing add ons, therefore at the moment we're looking for a workaround with what Jira Cloud provides.
What I've done:
I've created a new "In progress" state, and a loop transition that goes back to it. This way we have a quick button at the top of the issue.
I've then created an automation, being triggered when an issue goes from "in progress" to "in progress", which creates a new jira issue ("Cost Request" type) with the cost details (and its own workflow with notifications etc)
PROBLEM:
That cost request have required fields that can't be found in the original issue (i.e. Estimated cost and other details).
How can I ask the user to fill in those fields during the issue creation?
For what I've understood adding a screen on the transition is only useful to change the original issue fields, but I'd like to see something like a creation sceen for the new one.
Thanks