I can't seem to recall or find how to run a subtask unconditionally from a transition.
Hi Phil - What do you mean by "run a subtask"? Can your describe in a little more detail what you are trying to do?
When the user selects a certain transition in a workflow, automatically submit into a subtask workflow--perhaps not Jira terminology, but I think the gist is there. I also need to configure some entity so that when the subtask is complete, the next transition in the parent will run.
I'm pretty sure I'll find the solution to each of the two requirements in one or two Atlassian courses. I probably already found and implemented them in a test workflow I created quite some months ago in my personal account, but I only did it once, don't recall how, and can no longer find the automations I created.
Sorry, but still not following you - I don't know what you mean by "submit into a subtask workflow". Can you be more descriptive? When I transition this sub-task issue, then I want the parent to do transition to another status, etc.
Sorry: I have two workflows (A & . In Workflow A, a Developer promotes code through ascending promotion regions; in Workflow B, an assignee tracks code promotion.
When the Developer selects the transition (call it "Request Tasks" that requests code promotion to a region in workflow A, automatically run the submit transition into workflow B, mapping certain fields. I think in this context, workflow B is called a subtask in accepted terminology.
When the subtask is complete, the next transition ("Tasks Complete") in workflow A will fire.
----------------------
Further, the Developer may check multiple checkbox fields and fill in paired instruction fields in the Request Tasks transition form. If so, one subtask will be generated for each checkbox checked, each with its own default signee (a group assignee), and each paired instruction field will be mapped to workflow B's Description field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.