I've been using JSM forms (ProForma) to make my request forms easier for everyone. Typically I create Jira custom fields for each ProForma field to link the two and capture the data in a manageable way. One common thing for me to do is to create a few multi-line custom fields for capturing a lot of data with specific instructions. Then I will collect the data from multiple fields and consolidate it into the description field via Automation.
I updated an existing form about a week ago by adding two new multi-line custom fields. This time, I received an error warning that linking the fields to the form would convert the paragraph-type ProForma fields to long-text fields. This is not what I expected or wanted. So I reached out to Atlassian, who initially tried to brush me off.
After reiterating that I've done this exact process many times, including on the same form that I'm trying to edit, they pushed an update that would allow me to choose a paragraph-type ProForma field again when linking a multi-line Jira field. Only now, the paragraph fields default to rich text with no option to change it.
So the data I collect from the form—only in those fields—has a bunch of useless metadata. Again I reached out to Atlassian. This time they essentially told me, "tough luck," you can't do that anymore, but you can copy existing fields if you want to hack the functionality into existing forms.
How is this acceptable?
I've attached examples.

