I have status A, B, C, D,
and status X
If I submit from status B to X, how do I make it automatically return to status B?
can this be done using JMWE?
I am currently using Jira Cloud
Hi @Rizky.Tuasikal ,
you don't need anything for that - all you need is to create a transition from "any status" to "itself" (which you can only do from the graphical workflow editor). This way, the Update transition will be available all the time and won't change the status of the issue:
Hi Rizky,
Just curious, but what is your scenario that you would want to do that? I am sure you can do that with JMWE, though I don't know the syntax right off hand. But you can certainly do it with an Automation Rule.
Can you explain your use case in a little more detail?
there is not a specific post function in JMWE to that. As said by @John Funk , you can put in place an automation for that using smart value
Hope this helps,
Fabio
The Return to Previous Status post function is currently only available in JMWE for Jira Server/DC, not Cloud, but it is on the short-term roadmap.
example:
If I am in Review status, and I want to update some information, then I have to submit it to Update status.
when I have submitted it to Update status, the status will automatically return to the previous status, back to Review status
how to achieve this?
using JMWE
Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ ,
thank you for the answer,
Can this be done using jira Automation? for specific workflow
Hi @David Fischer ,
I have a question,
how do I add a Post Function if I use the method above?
Once you have created the transition, it'll be visible like any other in both the diagram and the text editor, and you can add conditions, validators and post functions
Is it like this?
If it's not like what you described, can you give me an example? so I can try it right away
thanks before
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.