I'm using https://www.npmjs.com/package/jira-client wrapper class to create a Jira automation utility and one of the requirements is to read data from excel sheet and upload the relevant data as a table to the description section of the created issueThis wrapper class seems to allow only string type as acceptable value. I was able to parse a simple html table as a string and create a table but when it comes to big tables how can I handle those ?Can I use the custom fields option to do this ?From the API documentation it seems that the description field can be modified to send tables, can someone help me figure out how ?Thanks
Hi @Rahim T_S ,
tables in description is part of the text. You could try to add the following :
||Heading||
|Your cell value|
Please let me know if it works,
Fabio
Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ that seems to work. Thank youI added as
| column 1 | column 2 |
in order to create a new row you just need to add carriage return in your text.
@Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ That worked. Thank you so much for your help
@Tyler Do I moved on to using html-tablify This works
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.