What could be the issue?
The workflow should automatically look for the earliest substask and set the higher level item to that rate limiting step. But can't figure out how to fix it..
Hello @Jonah Johnson
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Have you already modified your workflow to do that and it isn't working, or are you asking for help on how to modify your workflow to make it do that?
If you have already modified the workflow, please show us the modifications you have made.
Sorry, no, we don't have this automation set up yet, and would love to have it. Can you instruct me on how to set it up? Just need all tickets to match the rate limiting subtask. ie. if my high level ticket is "XYZ" and I have three subtasks, I would like it to match the lowest level one. So, even if two subtasks are "done" but one is " in building" or "in testing" or whatever, I'd like the XYZ high level ticket to say "in building", and when all three say done, automatically shift it do some. simultaniously, shifting the XYZ high level ticket to "in progress" from "backlog" if one of the subtasks is started.
This is possible? And if so, what can I do to have this set up?
Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information will be available at the bottom of the navigation panel on the left when you are viewing project information. Example:
Are you working with a Software, Service, or Work Management project. That will show at the top of the navigation panel, just below the project name.
Are you a Project Administrator for the project, and/or a Jira Administrator for the system?
Some solutions can be implemented by Project Administrators depending on the type of project. Some solutions can be implemented only by a Jira Administrator depending on the type of the project.
Company-managed software project. I think I have access to the ability to create a rule, as it lets me start the process under automation. I just don't know how to set the exact rules up for what I described
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.