In order to have a complete view plan, I need to set more than one parent link for one epic.
Is this possible and if so how I can enable this feature ?
Thank you
Hi @Gabriela-Rodica Stroe and welcome to the Community!
Unfortunately, epics in Jira - unlike us humans - have only one parent. There is no workaround to add multiple parents to one child.
You can link issues to other issues (many to many) with regular issue links in Jira, but those links will just help you see / understand that they are related. You won't be able to display those links in a hierarchy in the tool.
Hope this helps!
I have case where we defined
PDI > Epic > Stories / Bug
the issue I am facing is sometimes Story have no Epic and is directly a child of PDI. In Jira Premium under Plan feature I am not able to create / make a Story (bugs) a child of the PDI but only of the Epic.
I was wondering if there is anyway to solve this?
Thanks
This request/question is being tracked here. Please upvote and add your comments to show it's importance to your org: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-24819
We have default Epic buckets e.g. "Project XYZ - Other work" under the higher level parents (in your case PDI), for stories/bugs that don't have a specific nominated Epic parent group to associate with.
We use this concept to manage non project work as well e.g.
Theme = "Non-Funded - Enhance/Break fix"
Initiative = "Application Name"
Epic(s) = Either 'Name of specific piece of work' or 'Application - Operational/Break Fix' (all the rats and mice - 1 off stories/bugs)
We track 4000 pieces of active work and everything is related hierarchically via Theme > Initiative > Epic > Story/Bug/Task/Test so we know where everything is relationship wise in the Jira Advanced Roadmap.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.