My company is using an OKR approach so we need an additional level of hierarchy above our basic Epic-Task-Subtask structure. While I don't aim to add new issue types, it has been decided to use Structure to link Objectives and Key results with corresponding epics.
I've tried creating Objectives as epics and KR's as tasks and link them to existing epics and issues with parent-child link type. However after using generators it occurs that the epics are duplicated in the structure because of extending structure with two link types.
Is there a way to add a level of hierarchy above epics without creating new issue type or duplicating items? Maybe creating a project with objectives and KR's and linking issues to other projects will help?
Here is the structure I need (a multi-project view as well):
Project A
- Objective A1
-- KR1
--- Epic 1
---- Task 1
-- KR2
--- Epic 2
---- Task 2
- Obejctive A2
-- KR2
--- Epic 2
---- Task 2
Project B
- Objective B1
-- KR3
--- Epic 3
---- Task 3
-- KR4
--- Epic 4
---- Task 4