Is there a way to turn off only one particular customer notification ("Participant added") for certain user or myself without changing project settings?
Or more generally: Is there any option to edit customer notification preferences on user end?
HI @Maciej Wojtasiński
A customer/participant cannot manage notifications themselves for events, but you can specify recipients for the Participant added event:
A customer/participant can opt out of notifications on a specific portal request though.
@Maciej Wojtasiński, Out of the box, customer emails contain a link to disable request notifications. I would assume this would turn off the Participant added notification, but I don't know for sure. Customers would need to use this link for each request where they wanted notifications disabled though. Thanks, Kian
It will turn off every possible notification for only one issue. That's not the resolution because I want to turn off only "Participant added" and keep the rest of customer notifications. And for all the issues.
It requires changing project settings for whole project which I don't want to do.
It is impossible then? At least in Jira. Precise mail filter will be my next guess.
You can disable the Participant added notification separately if that's what you mean. In that case, no one would receive that notification.
With the options I provided above, how would that not suit your need?
What are your current settings for this event in the project?
Hi @Maciej Wojtasiński ,
Is there any option to edit customer notification preferences on user end?-- No
Workaround:Go to project settings --> Customer notification Disable "Participant added" notification.
Please note: This will disable for all users and tickets in the project.
Currently, Participant added notification is ON for Added participants and I want to keep it that way. There is just one user who is getting tons of "Someone added you as a participant" notifications but still wants to keep the rest of notifications.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.