Hi All.
I'm just starting to setup our JSM trial instance and am wondering about best practice for setting up the JSM email with Office 365.
We currently have a "Shared Mailbox" that our support team uses to get email requests. I'd like to use that address as the JSM email address and get the team out of email and into tickets.
From what I've read so far in the forums, Shared Mailboxes are not recommended for the JSM email address. (Maybe there are other opinions I haven't seen yet?) Instead, the common suggestion is to setup a proper, dedicated Exchange mailbox for JSM.
My question is, does setting up a distinct Exchange mailbox require me to dedicate a full Office 365 license for the sole purpose of JSM email? Something just feels a little off with using an O365 license for a non-person that amounts to an email address alias. Perhaps I'm missing something on the O365 side?
Thanks very much for your thoughts!
Dave