Using Jira Scrum board...
This is what I need:
I can't seem to get it right in the automation. Anyone know the steps?
Hi @Brandy Richbourg , welcome to the Community.
Here is the basic structure I think. However, understand that you can't prompt the user in real time as the issues being created within automation. What you can do is send an email to that user requesting that they complete the field.
Trigger - Issue Transitioned to Done
Condition - Field condition > push to prod > equals > YES
Action - Create issue, set Assignee, add comment "Please do xxxxx"
Feel free to share your current automation and I can inspect and provide more input.
Issue transitioned > issue fields condition > push to production = Yes > then: create a new issue type (same issue type) > assignee DV
When I tested it and ran the audit log the status says NO ACTIONS PERFORMED and action details: Issue condition the following issues did not match the condition: MS-2041
Hi Brandy, please use the reply box rather than the suggest an answer box so that it keeps the discussion within a single thread. This will make it easier for us and others to read in the future.
If you would please send a screenshot your automation that would be best. One other thing I find useful when creating rules is to use the "Log Action" to record data when the rule is triggered. For example you could use the log action and record the value in the"Push to production" field. Of course in this case you know the issue ID so you could always just inspected after the rule.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.