Hello,
We are looking to rename group names in Jira and Confluence using Rename group in Jira add-on can we rename group names in confluence with the same add-on?
@kregatte Welcome to the Atlassian community
The product that you are referencing is a server app. Are you on server or cloud?
Server
No, that app is not supported for Confluence Server.
@kregatte The app Rename Group in Jira is a server app but I am not sure how it would impact your Confluence groups. I am assuming that you are using your Jira Server instance for the management of users and groups, and for authentication. If that is the case then Confluence is syncing with Jira and I would assume that the sync would update the group name in Confluence but I am not positive that is the case. It depends on how the directory sync works. If you have a test instance I would suggest downloading the app and testing it there to see how the group name change impacts your Confluence instance. If you do not have a separate instance then I would suggest downloading the application in your production instance but having a restore point so you could roll back if an issue does arise. I would also suggest just testing it on a new group that could be deleted.
If your Confluence instance is not using Jira for user management I am not aware of any product to allow for group name changes.
Hi hi!Changing group names in Jira/Confluence doesn't have to be a hassle. With Group Master for Jira/Confluence, it’s quick and easy! It just helps keep things organized with minimal effort.
If you need a hand, give it a try!https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1236395/group-master-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overviewhttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1236396/group-master-for-confluence?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
And other advanced group management capabilities:
View group usage across Jira Edit group names for clarity Move or copy group members easily Replicate or migrate group usage Delete groups and clean up associated data Cheers,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.