I have 3 teams working issues in 4 JIRA projects. I have one board that includes all 4 projects for full backlog management. I'm creating 3 sprints in this one board (using the Agile Labs feature), one for each team, and we're sprint planning per team.
All this works great except one thing: There's no way to pair sprints from cycle to cycle to their associated team sprints from the previous cycles so that the velcoity averages out exclusive to that team.
So my question is: Is velocity tied to specific Scrum Boards, or to projects, or to filters?
My hunch is it is boards. If it's tied to boards, then is it tied to the ORIGINATING board, or to the board you use when ending (closing) a sprint?
If it IS tied to board, then I can just create 3 copies of the same board but start a sprint on each (each sprint will still appear on each board because the filter is the same). It's kinda a lame resolution, if that's the case - Atlassian should give us a way to assign a "team" to a sprint so we can relate the from cycle to cycle!
However, we just started and I don't want to multiple sprint weeks before I figure it out in order to test the theory, so if someone already knows the answer, I'd appreciate a heads up!