My automation rules create many sub-tasks along the way, and I want them to always be created in the same status as the Story.
I have a rule that runs whenever an issue is created, which works when I manually create a sub-task but does not trigger when a rule creates a sub-task. I would love for this to work because it write once, run many.
However,
My next attempt was to set the status (not statusCategory) on sub-task creation which I'd set for every rule that creates a sub-task with the following JSON in the More Options section (I'm very new to JSON):
{
"fields": {
"status": "Define Requirements",
}
}
It accepts the above when I publish the rule. However, when it's triggered I get the following error in the log:
Unknown fields set during create, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -
Status (status)
I looked up that status in the REST API and it has this (URL scrubbed for privacy):
{"self":"https://blah.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/status/13718","description":"This status is managed internally by JIRA Software","iconUrl":"https://blah.atlassian.net/","name":"Define Requirements","untranslatedName":"Define Requirements","id":"13718","statusCategory":{"self":"https://blah.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/statuscategory/4","id":4,"key":"indeterminate","colorName":"yellow","name":"In Progress"}}