How can i force the selection of two fields in a Select List (cascading).
If you see in the second photo there are two fields but if i only select in the first field i can open the issue.
Hi @Sistemas 4Set
Unfortunately, this is not natively possible and Atlassian has no intention to fix this as detailed here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-10302
You may be able to accomplish this with Script runner or Jira Workflow Toolbox and a custom script validator. Like suggested here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Make-both-fields-in-cascading-list-required-to-submit-form/qaq-p/1265278
Best regards
Sam
So many thanks @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
I was reading but i don´t know how could i use a Script runner or Jira Workflow Toolbox and a custom script validator.
I saw that the script needs this line issue.customfield_15168.child.value != null
issue.customfield_15168.child.value != null
But i don´t know how to do it.
Best regards.
With Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) you can create your own script validation like:
This will through an error if the Cascade child is empty
Hope this helps!
Hi, @samu
So many thanks.
But with this app i can't force the selection of two fields in a Select List (cascading).
Or idon't know how to use it.
I don't want to modify a flow.
So many thanks @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_ .
Finally I have done it.
I'm glad to hear that!
Hello everyone,
Hopping that this solution works for all of you, it did in my case.
First of all you need to have the ScriptRunner application installed.
Then, in the workflows transitions (in my case in the "create issue" transition), press on the transition and click "validations" option. Now you can create a new validation using the ScriptRunner Script option.
Use the following expression to avoid request creations without completing the child field of a cascading custom field like yours:
issue.YourCustomFieldName.child != null
You can also include the error message description you want to show.
RegardsDani Cuello
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.