If I want a project to store all my Business Requirements - what type of project and template do you think I should use/create??
What follows are simply my opinions/thoughts.
Jira projects aren't necessarily the best at tracking requirements natively, IMO. What I typically have done is to use Confluence to bolster the requirements captured in Jira. With that said, you might consider a blank project and create the workflow that meets your needs. Another option would be to consider using the new Product discovery (Beta).
Thanks, Jack
We tried using Confluence, but I want an area to store all business requirements across all areas of our business. In Confluence, we create a space for each project, and requirements are stored there. Once complete, I'd like to move them to one central area for us to reference (not go into many different Confluence spaces).
Oh more thing to add, from a solution perspective, I wanted an area our Solution Architects can document solutions as it pertains to each requirement - doing this in Confluence also seemed clunky
Hi, @Joshua Dumas !
If you`re ok with plugins, try Business Process Manager My team developed this add-on to maintain your business processes. It allows standardized complex procedures such as onboarding, offboarding, vacation request and others.
You can create a template of a process and customize it to your needs with different features.
I suggest you book a demo call with our product manager to unpack your case.
thanks, but not what i'm looking for -
personally, I hate when sales folk stalk a forum and sell there product
Hi @Joshua Dumas , understood. I was trying to convey that Confluence + Jira together present a good solution. Confluence provides context and project purpose, overview, etc. I use Confluence table macro to capture individual requirements and these are used to create issues in Jira.
I've had success using tools like Trello or Asana for organizing project-related information. They provide customizable templates and allow you to create boards or tasks to track your business requirements. Additionally, consider using a document management system like Google Drive or Microsoft SharePoint to store and categorize detailed requirement documents. Also, consider using services like crowdo to provide you with web 2.0 links and other links which help to promote the business. I hope that helps you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.