We have Epics in a PMO project and Stories to deliver those epics in a number of system-specific projects (e.g. IOSAPP, WEBAPP, WINAPP).
We also have BitBucket and are using a git flow branching strategy with the preferred hierarchy of Main > Develop > Epic (Epic ID) > Feature (Story ID).
What we'd like to do is:
- Trigger A4J when the system-specific Story is transitioned to an In Progress statusCategory
- Create an Epic branch in BitBucket (if one does not already exist)
- Create a Story branch within that Epic branch
This will make life easier/more consistent for the devs and thus (hopefully) promote the correct use of the workflow.
I can create the Epic branch off Develop with A4J, but I can only seem to create the Story branch off of Develop, and not off the Epic branch. The create branch step seems to only accept branches that exist while creating the A4J rule and not dynamically accept something like {{createdBranch.name}}.
Any suggestions as to how I might achieve the desired outcome?