Hi there,
I faced an error on setting Gitlab for Jira, when i'm trying to choose self-managed version. Anyone could help with it?
Hi @Admin (Jira) ,
please could you share more information about your current issue?
Did u follow this guide https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2021/03/25/integrating-gitlab-com-with-atlassian-jira-cloud/?
Fabio
Hi Fabio,
Thanks for your response. Actually it is happened in the very beginning of configuration. There is a choice of 2 version, SaaS and self-managed as it shown bellow:
And i will check guide once more
Are you sure that your GitLab instance is accessible from Atlassian servers?
Should be, anyway will check it right now.
Same issue here!
Same here. Gitlab v 15.8.
Is the add-on no longer compatible, perhaps?
Same problem with Gitlab v 15.6.
Would love any attempt to provide help on this issue. Experiencing the same as the rest. Self-managed Gitlab: 15.8.1Tried everything from creating API Token on Jira side to Gitlab for Jira Cloud, any attempt to connect to our publicly accessible Gitlab is met with: Failed to update Gitlab Version
It seems there was an error on Gitlab site that should be fixed now. See comment on this post https://forum.gitlab.com/t/gitlab-self-hosted-to-jira-software/79800/9It contains also a link to the issue. Unfortunately I can't test it right now. But maybe someone else can check and give feedback
@suekrause thank you for following up on this. However, I didn't have any luck with this although I made the changes from their latest doc... more info on the ticket itself (https://forum.gitlab.com/t/gitlab-self-hosted-to-jira-software/79800/10?u=pezzzko)
We are facing the same issue, service is online and SSL Certs are valid.
I can confirm the problem persists with a fully upgrade Gitlab self-hosted instance.
I've followed the several installation methods that Gitlab documentation provides and the error is always the same.
I found an interesting thing. I installed the app manually, getting the Jira json from my instance. After changing the instance type to Gitlab.com SAAS option the oauth goes against my own server, so the app seems to be not working for self-hosted servers.
Same here 15.8
Still the same Issue here, is there a solution planed?
Hi there.
I finally managed to install the Gitlab App from my self-hosted instance, following these steps:
- Install the Gitlab App manually, following this instructions.
- I also had to disable the gitlab feature jira_connect_oauth_self_managed by entering the Rails console. If it fails, delete the Gitlab app in Jira and add it again after disabling the feature.
- After that, I could do the whole oauth flow against my instance.
- I also faced another problem, because after getting the instance connected, no namespaces where listed. The solution was to make them public for a few minutes, do the connection, and protect them again after that. Anyway, this problem seems to be solved in v15.9 (I can confirm it's solved on my own instance, v15.9.1).
I'm gonna share with you guys a few Gitlab issues that helped me solve the problem, because I did a lot of changes, retries and reinstalls when I tried to fix it, so the specific steps I took are not very clear, even to me. But It fu**ing worked 👌🏾.
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/387520https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/386827
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/388943#note_1250670165
Hope you can finish the setup with this issue.
Can confirm that it worked that way i needet to remove the Proxy input in the settings: (Settings-> General -> Gitlab for Jira App => Jira Connect Proxy URL) since i had already installed the plugin via the marketplace.
I did not need to change the feature flag.
GitLab Version: 15.8
We also updated our self-hosted gitlab but the problem still exists. It is definitely not fixed.
Does someone know if its an issue in gitlab or atlassian side?
@Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ what information do you need?
not fixed yet. The problem still persists.
Same issue here.
All help is welcome.
@cmeijerink What where the steps that you took and what error are you getting?
Same problem here.
Occurs when integrating self-managed Gitlab ver15.9 with Jira Cloud using the Gitlab for Jira app.After setting up a Gitlab instance, when I enter the URL of a self-managed Gitlab in the Gitlab for Jira app, I get "Failed to update GitLab version."
Can someone please help?
same here
We had the same issue. We found out that you have to choose the self hosted version and then enter gitlab.com as your instance url. Before you have to set gitlab.com as proxy url in you gitlab application settings.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.