Hi,
First time user of Jira, I have a To Do board and pasted in 20 times at a time from an Excel Document, why is the order not in the order I had them in?
Hi @Tariq
I think this is because of your other issues with issue key (5,10,12, so on) are in other status which are mapped to other columns
And if you want you can drag and drop or basically rank issue as per your requirement.
Hello @Tariq
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Can you clarify what you mean by you "pasted them in"? Did you use the CSV import feature to import the issues?
Can you provide a complete screen image? Obscure any confidential data. The portion of the screen that you provided is not enough context for us to know what you are viewing. Are you looking at a Board? Are you looking at a Backlog? Are you looking at the results of a Search?
Sure, so I have an Excel file which has over 120 rows of tasks which I completed and I want to add all those tasks into Jira in the same order. So I highlighted the entire column pressed copy, and then pasted them in the create an issue box which showed me this message,
so I clicked create 20 issues, and then repeated the process till they were all in. The issue is they are not in the order that I pasted them.
I don't think I have the "create issue box" feature that you have. Can you provide more information on how your accessing that, and maybe a screen image? Is that a feature you have within Excel, or are you within the Jira application when you access that?
This feature is only available for team managed project
Depending on where you are seeing the issues you can change the sort order. Sorting by creation time or by issue ID should get you what you need.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.