When attempting to rationalise the number of resolutions we have available in jira i attempted to delete the resolution of "fixed".I had already established there are no issues with a resolution of "fixed"(Resolution = "Fixed" returned 0 results)BUT I got a message advising 4000+ issues have a resolution of fixed (wizard prompts for value alternative resolution value to be set)I'm wary of proceeding as I don't know what these issues are .. any ideas?
Hello @Mandy Parker
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
It is possible that...
1. The issues that have that Resolution value are archived. Archived issues don't show up in search results.
2. There are Issue Restrictions (Team Managed projects) or Issue Security Levels (Company Managed projects) on all the issues that have that Resolution value such that you can't see them. Unlikely, but possible.
Do you have either Archived projects/issues or are you using Issue Security Schemes/Issue Restrictions?
I think I would be wary of deleting a resolution that is created by Core Jira since it may just get recreated? Definitely test in a non-production Jira instance
I don't think "Fixed" is a default Resolution value. I have a vanilla Free instance with Jira Core, Jira Software, and Jira Service Management, and I don't see it there.
But I agree that such a massive change should be tested in a non-production Jira instance.
Thanks that's two things to check hopefully that's it then i can update the resolution in bulk without wondering what the issues actually are!
Have the answers I provided led you to a solution for your problem?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.