I am modifying a request type.
I wish to make Due date a required field, and to show it in the issue view.
This permission is available (schedule issues) in the project to all the project's roles.
Whenever I add the field and save changes, Jira provides positive confirmation, and the preview (request form) shows Due date as a required field.
However, Jira has me playing a game of whack-a-mole:
- If I add the field to the issue view, it disappears from the request view.
- When I add it back to request view, it is not required.
- When I add/require it on request view, it disappears from issue view.
- When I navigate away, thinking I have saved it to both views, then return, Jira has removed the field from one/both views.
This is looking more and more like a bug in request types. Assuming it's not, can anybody initiate me into the secrets of being able to add Due date as a required field to a request type, in both request and issue views?