I have created a new Issue type in Jira. This issue type is named Hotfix.
My idea would be to restrict the creation of this tickets only to a group.
Could be possible to give create permission for an specific jira group?
Thank you for your help
Hey @Oriol Ortiz ,
I'm afraid you can't really limit the creation of a specific issue type within a project. A member of the project will either have create issue rights or not.
Hi @Oriol Ortiz
There's no direct way of doing this - but there are a few workarounds you could try.
---
Permissions Validator
The Permissions Validator can be set on the "Create Issue" transition (i.e before the first Status), and block users from creating Issues if they don't have a specific permission.
To use this you'll need:
See this help page for more information about Validators.
Automation
An alternative is to use Automation, to hide/remove/delete Issues created by a user who does not have the authority to create a Hotfix.
For example, the rule might be:
Notes:
Let us know what you think!
If you'd like more detailed instructions to help implement either option, also let us know
Ste
Hey @Ste Wright
I would get the Permission Validator solution, but I don't know how could configure that.
Could you help me?
Thank you
Is your Project Company-managed or Team-managed?
Hi @Ste Wright
It is a company managed project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.