Hello,
I am trying to search for all Epics that all child tickets are done and the Epic is 100% done, so I can mark the Epic status as done.
It seems that the field progress is not searchable.
Much appreciated!
Hi @Charles Wahab
If you want the Epic automatically transitioned to Done when all children are Done, you could set up an automation rule like this:
I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Digital Toucan and I’m here to help you.
Unfortunately, using JQL of Jira, you’ll not be able to do it.
In the app where my team works, JQL Search Extensions for Jira, you can use this query to find all your epics that have all the children as done or closed.
issuesInEpicCount > 0 and issue not in epicsOfChildrenInQuery("status not in (Closed, Done)")
Please contact our support if you have any other questions about this query.
We’ll be happy to help you!Best regards,Maurício
Can I clarify if...
---
(1) Find Issues
This isn't possible using native JQL, as it does not support sub-querying (i.e find Epics based on logic at the Children level) - your options are either...
(2) Auto-Transition the Epic
If you'd like to automate the Epic's transition, you could use Automation for this.
Mark has provided one option in another answer. The alternative is:
A few notes on the rule in (2)
Let us know if any of these options work for you
If you'd like more information, or detailed instructions for how to create the Automation Rules recommended in (1) or the notes for (2), also let us know so we can advise further!
Ste
Thanks @Mark Segall - i'll give the rule a try!
with Script Runner:
NOT issueFunction in epicsOf("status != Done")
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.