I have an epic -> task -> subtask structure, I would like that when deleting an epic all items within it are deleted, I have used the following rule but it did not work
Hi @Douglas Oliveira
You won't be able to trigger deleting the issues within the epic upon epic deletion.
Instead, you probably want a manual trigger that enables users to delete the epic and issues in one shot. It would look like this:
"Epic Link" = {{issue}}
{{lookupIssues.size}}Less Than1
To execute, you would just click into the desired Epic, select Rule Executions and pick this rule.
Note - If you have more than 50 children in the Epic, you'll need to execute the rule multiple times. This is why I have the lookup issues and advanced condition after the branch activity.
Hello @Douglas Oliveira
Please be advised that deleting issues is not something that can be undone, unless you have a third party app that intervenes and holds deleted issues in a trash bin.
If you are not using a third party app, then when the issues are deleted they are permanently and irrevocably deleted. You should use extreme care in enabling users to delete issues. Generally speaking I would say that the ability to delete issues should be disabled for all but the most trusted and knowledgeable Jira Administrators.
Thanks @Trudy P Claspill !
I'm currently building the project, I'm the only admin
Hi @Mark Segall
Thanks for the response.
i cant find this option:
@Douglas Oliveira
Being the only Admin does not necessarily mean that you are the only person who has permission to delete issues. The ability to delete issues is a Permission that can be set per project and assigned to people based on membership in a User Group, a Project Role, or other options.
Under Conditions, you should have an option for Advanced Compare Condition
thanks for answering. Well, the rule works to exclude child items, but I would like the Epic to be excluded as well, is it possible to do that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.