We have setup a Jira project that can create issues and comments from emails sent to a specific email address.
I have setup an additional incoming mail server and used the specific email address to authenticate the connection.
I have then setup a mail handler and pointed it to the new project. I have assigned the specific email address as the default reporter to in theory pull through emails that are not part of the Jira customer portal.
Currently that is not working. If an external user emails the specific address if they are not already a customer within our Jira portal the email just stays in the inbox.
If they are a customer, the email is pulled through and the default reporter is applied.
Is there a way to have any external email even if they are not a customer to be pulled through and the default Reporter applied?
Thanks