Although the repository is public and has been forked many times before. Suddenly since yesterday no one can fork any of my public repositories! Is there a limit or something of that sort to the number of forks allowed (the repos are way below size limit).
Hey @Ziyad Alsaeed & @Stefan Prelle
G'day!
I am currently checking this internally and will get back to you guys as soon as possible.
Cheers,Syahrul
You are not alone. We are having the same issuehttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Why-is-the-fork-option-not-showing-up/qaq-p/2238318#M89304
Thank you for sharing this. At least now I know it is not because I missed up some repo settings.
Explicitly granting people read access helps. That grants fork permission too.
I am still confused that it is not possible to fork a public repository without that, but this is at least a workaround.
Nice trick. This is a good workaround if you know or have few people to add. But if you are opening the repo to the world, then this is just impossible.
I'm now positive that it is not me or a repo I own. Try looking up any public repo. You will see that you cannot fork it. This is a bitbucket issue, but not many are aware of it as it is hidden from repos admins. I.e., as an admin you can see that the fork button is there (exactly your workaround), otherwise the button is not there.
I appreciate looking into it but the response IMO is very slow for such a severe bug. This has been reported by @Stefan Prelle first 5 days ago.
Hey @Ziyad Alsaeed
Apologize for the delay. Some of the team are out due to public Holidays.
We've verified that this is a bug and has created a public bug report. Please Vote and Watch it so that you'll receive an update when the bug is fixed at:
Hey Everyone,
The bug has been fixed. I have personally verified that I can fork the public repository now.
Please let me know if this is still an issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.