Hi, I'm trying to create an automatic rule that does the following, but cannot figure it out:
1/ For selected issues only (e.g. issue numbers, let's say, T01-T12 or whatever)
2/ When another issue (or issues) is linked (via any link type) to any of said selected issues
3/ Then notify a specific user (potentially other actions too, but this is fine for now!)
How do I go about it? Is it perhaps better to flag/tag/categorise those specific tickets somehow first, or maybe preassign them to a user (worried user will get changed, though!) or via some other method? I can't work out the right steps to get selected issues/tickets.
These issues that I need to action will never (or rarely) be closed as each represents a component type within our software suite. I want to alert the lead dev for each component whenever an issue (e.g. bug, feature request) is linked to it.
Thank you.