As per https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/organization/rest/api-group-users/#api-orgs-orgid-users-get we should be able to fetch the details of all the users present in the organization, but when I try to run this API via postman I get the below output : (replaced org_id as variable)
{ "data": [], "links": { "self": "https://api.atlassian.com/admin/v1/orgs/{org_id}/users" }}
where as the example in the document states that we should get all the user info along with the details :
Tried using the "cursor" query as well, but not sure if I used it rite, and due to lack of examples I may have gone the wrong way some where.
API Used :
https://api.atlassian.com/admin/v1/orgs/{org_id}/users
Judging from what I've read, if we can get this detail via the API, we should be able to extract the last active information needed.
Hi @Jehan Bhathena and welcome to the community
I've tried this endpoint and I'm getting results without any problem. Can you verify that you have claimed the managed accounts?
Hello @Alex Koxaras -Relational-
Thank you for verifying the API :-)please can you elaborate on "claimed the managed accounts", not aware of this concept yet.
For this screen, I'll have to link a domain (as of now I don't own any domains) :
Just to confirm, If I don't verify the domains I wont be able to fetch the below users via API then?
Exactly!
This API retrieves the managed accounts from your verified domain. When I ran the endpoint, the payload had only my managed accounts from my verified domain. All the other users which are within my instance were not inside this payload.
This endpoint
GET /rest/api/2/users/search
will get you all the users in your instance, but not the managed accounts. However, you will also get the app users
You know that you can export users from the UI, right?
Within this exported csv you will see corresponding columns about then that user was active in the respective product:
Let me know if that helps!
Got it, so if I dont claim any domain, then I cannot fetch the users via the admin api.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-users/#api-rest-api-2-users-search-get I tried this API too, but this one doesn't have the Last Active info that the Admin api has.
I'll explore the export CSV option more to see if I can make that of more use.
Thank you for all the information @Alex Koxaras -Relational- , will post back here if I find anything else.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.