I have since removed epic name and epic link from the epic issue type and screen and any other issue type but the field is still present on the form and required.
How can I remove from the form but maybe keep under the issue view, if possible?
Hi @Trevor Overstreet
This is because Epic Name is a system-level required field when creating an Epic - you must have an Epic Name on all Epics.
So it will appear on the Request Portal regardless.
There might be an alternative, but it depends on what process this Request Type represents - could you give us some more details about how it works, so we can advise further?
Ste
Hey Stephen and thank you for the reply!
I have two forms on the portal which are integrated into two request types. The issue type for both of these requests is Epic.
If I'm understanding you correctly, I will have to change the issue type from Epic to another type in order to remove the required Epic Name field from the portal?
At this point in time - yes, that is correct.
You could do something with Automation though, if you need it to be an Epic post-creation - it might look something like this:
---
A few notes on this rule...
Let us know if this might work for you!
Hey Stephen!
So it worked and the Epic was created using the above rule but I'm seeing an error:
And also the Request Type is now blank and interestingly not an option to even select in the dropdown. Should have 2 options
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.