Good evening
You will forgive my ignorance but I now have the opportunity to get an organisation into using JIRA Software. - which means I have just set up an account and now need assistance with this tool.
- As terrible as ms project is with agile projects, it is able to give a clear estimate of when the project will roughly finish. How do I do this in JIRA Software? That date is often the bottom line which stakeholders want to hear more than anything.
- Im struggling to properly assign roles in the project. It seems like the users that I do create just get a default role of JIRA Software for the site access ... which seems to give them almost the same roles as me (administrator) as they have the same views as I do. I would like to create separate roles for users (developers, testers and UX designers), separate role for a PM, and another for the portfolio manager. There must be a way I can do this. Please assist.
- Can I tract the cost of a project? I want to assign the the cost per hour to my resources such that I can track the cost of the project ... and any other material costs that may happen in the project.
As a start I would appreciate answers to these questions. Please forgive my ignorance. I am trying this for the first time as of today while juggling 3 projects ... so yeah I am rather rattled a bit.
Thank you for reading this.
Regards,