Hi all! I'm new to JSM.
Is it possible to force filling in the time registration feature in JSM?Can time completion be forced when changing the status of the incident ticket (e.g. to a closed status) automatically?
Hi @Michael Wekker
Yes, this is possible using Validators in your Workflow.
You'll need to do two things here, and need to be a Jira Admin to modify these settings (assuming this is a Company-managed JSM Project).
---
(1) Screen
You'll need the "Log Work" field to be on a transition screen, so a user can populate it during the transition.
(2) Add Validator
Use a Validator to ensure the "Log Work" field is populated during the transition
For more information on screens, see this help page
For more information on workflow validators, see this help page
Let us know if this works for you! Or, if you're using a Team-managed Project, let us know so we can provide alternative instructions
Ste
Dear Stephen,
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate that!I have followed the steps. How can I see it's working? Should I see a pop-up or something else?
Kind regards,
Michael.
You should see an error message if you try to complete the transition (from the screen) without logging time.
It also won't let you submit the transition until it is populated
Hi @Ste Wright Once again, thanks for your feedback!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.